It's that time of year again. The days are shorter and the nights are longer, leaving us feeling tired, unmotivated, meh, and depressed. If that sounds like you, then listen up. I've had my share of seasonal depression, so I've got some tips to share with you that have helped me through the winter months.
1. Get yourself a lightbox or a few! The National Alliance on Mental Illness recommends 30 minutes of exposure to a light therapy box. They are a must have and are easy to use and benefit from. Another supplemental option is red light therapy. There are some great lightboxes on Amazon you can find for around $60 or under.
2. Avoid alcohol. We all know it's not good for your body; between the empty calories, the damage it does to your cells and the fact that it's a MAJOR downer; 2022 couldn't be a better year to start cutting back on the booze.
3. Get out into nature! Nature is healing! Find a path to walk or park to sit in. Keep it simple.
4. Spend less time on social media. It's addictive and a downer. Make a winter commitment to invoke your inner hermit with your fuzziest socks, coziest blanket, hot tea and read one book a month to enjoy those winter nights.
5. Supplement with Strength Test, yes ladies too. Actually, ladies even more so as we are four times more susceptible to SAD. Strength Test helps to naturally increase your natural testosterone production, and it's packed with 6,000IUs of Vitamin D. Low testosterone can have you feeling not in the mood, low energy and unmotivated. So if you're over 30 and have a heartbeat you should get on the ST. Get it here with our Black Friday deal https://rocksolidnutrition.com/
6. Stay physical! It's of the utmost importance to your physical, mental and spiritual well-being. It's also key for your lymphatic system which is another filter for toxins in your body.
There you have it, my six affordable essentials to help you combat the winter blues! I hope these help, and as always feel free to reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions we can help you with!